Terms of Service
As an organization choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefitting partner from the Give Big Kern Online Day of Giving, hosted by Kern Community Foundation, you are required to enter into this Memorandum of Understanding which sets forth the services and duties provided by Give Big Kern, and the roles and responsibilities of all participants.
- I confirm that my organization is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, charitable nonprofit registered with Kern Community Foundation and having a Silver of higher transparency rating on GuideStar.org, and will provide our EIN number for verification purposes.
- In case my organization is not a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, charitable nonprofit, I will provide the EIN number of an organization meeting that criteria that will act as our Fiscal Sponsor for the purpose of receiving gifts through Give Big Kern.
- I confirm that my organization is headquartered in Kern County or delivers services to Kern County residents/the Kern County community.
- I understand that my organization is encouraged to focus the majority of its overall marketing efforts in the days and weeks immediately leading up to Give Big Kern, to this campaign, in order to create a sense of countywide excitement among donors, volunteers, media partners and fellow nonprofits.
- I understand that Give Big Kern is not responsible for the amount of money contributed to my organization over the course of the event, that donors make individual decisions about which participating agencies they choose to donate to, and that Give Big Kern has no control over donors’ choices.
- I confirm that my organization has a website, Facebook page or other social media page(s), and that we will share the Give Big Kern link therein to drive traffic to the Giving Day site.
- I understand that my organization's staff, board of directors, volunteers, and donors should promote Give Big Kern over the course of the campaign using social media, e-mail, word-of-mouth or other means for maximum visibility and impact to the benefit of my organization, as well as the countywide effort as a whole.
- I understand that only donations to my organization that are designated as Give Big Kern donations (both online and off-line) during the monthlong Give Big Kern Giving Period of April 4 - May 4, 2021, will count towards my organization’s eligibility to receive competitive prizes and incentives offered as part of the Give Big Kern prize pool.
- I understand that if asked to participate in any interviews with newspapers, television, radio or other media, or at the Give Big Kern Press Conference, I will speak professionally not only on behalf of my organization, but as a collaborative representative of all nonprofits participating in Give Big Kern.
- I understand that my organization will receive all the monies that have been donated to my organization through Give Big Kern less any transaction fees not covered by the individual donor.
- I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform which will safely process all contributions made to the Give Big Kern campaign.
- I understand that all online donations, minus transaction fees not covered by individual donors, will be disbursed within three (3) business days via electronic funds transfer to the bank account per the information I have provided as part of our agency’s page setup.
- I understand that to receive donations, it is my organization's responsibility to provide a checking account that is eligible to receive ACH (Automated Clearing House) transfers from GiveGab's payment processor, Stripe. In the case that the bank account we supplied is unable to receive the transfer, and GiveGab has not heard from our organization in over 30 days, the donations will be refunded to the donor.