The Give Big Kern Team will:
- Work with local newspapers, radio stations, and other media outlets to continue spreading the word to a wider audience about Give Big Kern
- Continue offering trainings to nonprofits participating in Give Big Kern, and those interested in the opportunity, on giving day best practices.
- Develop content for nonprofit’s participating in Give Big Kern to use, and for use on #GiveBigKern social media pages, Facebook and Twitter.
- Craft your campaign story. How are you celebrating Give Big Kern? How will you use the funds raised during Give Big Kern? Why should donors give to you on Give Big Kern?
- Recruit fundraising champions for your campaign. You can use your Board, volunteers, or staff!
- Let your volunteers know you’re participating in Give Big Kern and you need their help in extra special ways! Give them meaningful assignments to fully engage them.
- Develop your messaging plan for the next 2 months to ensure your donors know you are participating in Give Big Kern on May 1. Download the email and social media timelines in the Nonprofit Toolkit to get a head start!